This famous saying goes, “the best things in life are free,” Unfortunately, this is not the case for VPNs. Although free VPNs offer a decent quality of service despite it being a free product, you can’t deny that it has limits and paid VPNs are still the best. Free VPNs offer security just like Paid VPNs, even though the protection is nowhere to the premiums’ level. Maybe, you are confused if which one is the best for you. With that being said, it all comes down to this question, “What do you need?”. If this question is answered, then you can pick which VPN suits you the best.
– Free VPNs are the best for short term uses. If you are looking for long term use, Paid VPNs are your best bet.
– When it comes to privacy, free VPNs are lacking. Most free VPNs are discovered selling their client’s data to third party services. Since Free VPNs don’t require membership and payment, they resort to trading their client’s data for money by selling it to an advertiser. This is their way to fund their company. It is kind of ironic since VPNs are supposed to protect you from unauthorized people and not bring you closer to them. However, this is not the case for Paid VPNs. Paid VPNs’ security is not an issue since they are true to their oath. They genuinely give their users guaranteed privacy.
- Internet Speed
– It is known that VPNs can slightly decrease your internet speed, may it be free or paid. In the free VPNs’ case, it seems to be a lot slower than paid VPNs. With paid VPNs, if your internet connection is secure, you can hardly notice it. Free VPNs network is unstable, so you need to expect that you can barely enjoy your favorite series and movies. This is because of overcrowded servers.
- Zero log policy
– A zero log policy or no log in policy is a VPN service that does not save your record in detail. In free VPNs, there are instances in which your VPN provider collects your log and shares your data to companies and government agencies. In paid VPNs, they pledge on not saving your log.
- Browsing experience
– Free VPNs generate ads to gain profit from you, that’s why when you use their service, you are most likely to see a lot of ads. We all know that ads can be quite irritating, but you may want to give it a little consideration since you are using their service for free. But when you are using paid VPNs, expect a smooth browsing experience since they don’t display ads; they block it.
- Data Usage
– Premium VPNs offer theirs, maximum data without any restrictions while some free VPNs only offer 500 MB per month
– It is terrible to know that free VPNs have an image of selling their client’s information, but it is worst to discover that they offer almost no protection at all. Some free VPNs use weak security measures and poor encryption, which was cracked numerous times. Paid VPN uses AES (Advanced Encryption Standard) with 256-bit keys, making it harder for cybercriminals to break your encrypted information.
As stated above, advertisements, slow internet, and data usage are annoying rather than dangerous. If you are opting for free VP, it is advisable to do a lot of research to find the safest free VPN out there. But if you’re concern about your online security and privacy, it is wise to avail paid VPN service. Using free VPN for the same reason will probably do more harm than good.
- 5 Safety Tips in Mobile Banking
- 10 VPN Facts You Should Know
- 10 Things to Know Before Buying VPN
- BEST MAC VPN OF 2020
- VPN IS APPLICABLE FOR BANKING
- UTILIZE A VPN AT HOME
- VPN INFLUENCE WIRELESS
- DEFINE FAKE VPN
- UTILIZE A VPN
- Keep Your Data Secure in 2020
- Which VPN Is Right for You?
- What Is a VPN and Why do you need it
- What is VPN
Share Us On: